Score: 90 Country: Italy Region: Veneto Issue: Oct 31, 2011 Top 100: 2011, Rank: 60 This sleek, polished red offers juicy blackberry and black fruit flavors, backed by refined tannins and well-integrated acidity. Hard to stop sipping. Corvina Veronese, Rondinella and Sangiovese. Drink now through 2020. 26,000 cases imported. AN eRobertParker.com #199 Feb 2012 Antonio Galloni Rated 89 Drink: 2012 – 2020 The 2008 Palazzo Della Torre is striking in this vintage. It shows remarkable harmony in a tense, mineral-infused expression of fruit. Hints of licorice, tobacco, mocha and spices develop in the glass, adding further complexity and nuance. All of the elements flow gracefully to a finish layered with the essence of crushed rocks and flowers. This is an absolutely delicious wine from Allegrini. Palazzo della Torre is made with a partial ripasso technique in which 30% of the fruit is dried Amarone-style, while the other 70% is picked and vinified conventionally. Once again, Palazzo della Torre is one of the very finest values in Italian wine. Anticipated maturity: 2012-2020.
Top 100: 2011, Rank: 60
There are no reviews yet.